Preparing delicious and long lasting meals is easy when using a Crockpot. Apple butter, apple coconut crisp and apple cranberry compote recipes are 3 great Crockpot recipes. Here are the 3 recipes for you to prepare at home:
1. Apple Butter
This can be made in a slow cooker/Crock Pot or oven at 325 degrees for 3-4 hours.
– 4 qts. unsweetened applesauce
– 7 C. granulated sugar
– 1-1/3 C. brown sugar
– 5-1/3 T. cider vinegar
– 5-1/3 T. lemon juice
– 2 teaspoon. cinnamon
– 2 teaspoon. allspice
– 1 teaspoon. ground cloves
– Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker/Crock Pot or roasting pan.
– Cover and cook 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
– Remove lid and continue cooking until excess liquid cooks away (turn to low as necessary) Slow Cooker 5-8 hours, oven 3-5 hours Seal mixture in hot jars and process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Makes approximately 8-10 pints
2. Apple Coconut Crisp
– 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled & coarsely sliced (about 4 cups)
– 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
– 1 tablespoon flour
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup butterscotch or caramel ice cream topping (fat-free is fine)
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/3 cup flour
– 1/2 cup quick rolled oats
– 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
– In a casserole 1 1/2-quart baking dish that fits in the slow cooker/Crock Pot, combine apples with
coconut, 1 tablespoon flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon.
– Drizzle with the ice cream topping.
– Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl with a fork or pastry cutter and sprinkle over apple mixture.
– Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until apples are tender.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
3. Apple Cranberry Compote
– 6 cooking apples, peeled, slice
– 1 cup fresh cranberries
– 1 cup sugar
– 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
– 1/2 cups water
– 1/4 cups port wine
– sour cream , (low fat)
– Arrange apple slices and cranberries in slow cooker/Crock Pot.
– Sprinkle sugar over fruit.
– Add orange peel, water and wine. Stir to mix ingredients. Cover, cook on low 4-6 hours, until apples are tender.
Serve warm fruits with the juices, topped with a dab of sour cream. Serves 6.