Steak and chicken are always great for the grill. Anchovy grilled salmon steaks, anticuchos picantes and Asian hot que grill sauce for chicken are 3 delicious recipes that prove this.
Below are the 3 recipes for you to try on your grill:
1. Anchovy-Grilled Salmon Steaks
Yield: 4 Servings
– 4 salmon steaks
– 1 parsley sprigs
Lemon wedges anchovy butter
– 6 anchovy fillets
– 2 T milk
– 6 T butter
– 1 dr tabasco sauce
– 1 pepper
– Pre-heat the grill to high heat.
– Oil the grill rack and place each steak to ensure an even heat.
– Place a small knob of Anchovy Butter (divide a quarter of the mixture in four) on each steak.
– Grill for 4 minutes.
– Turn the steaks with a fish slice and place another quarter of the butter among the steaks.
– Grill on the second side 4 minutes.
– Reduce the heat and allow to cook for a further 3 minutes, less if the steaks are thin.
– Serve with a neatly arranged pat of anchovy butter on top of each steak. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges.
– Anchovy Butter: Soak all the anchovy fillets in milk. Mash in a bowl with a wooden spoon until creamy.
– Cream all ingredients together and chill.
2. Anticuchos Picantes
Yield: 16 Servings
= Beef Heart =
– 8 garlic cloves, ressed
– 2 chiles, rocoto, stemmed, seeded, minced
– 2 T cumin, ground
– 1/2 T oregano, dried
– 1 salt, to taste
– 1 pepper, black, to taste
– 2 c vinegar, wine, red
= Sauce =
– 1/3 c chiles, dried, aji, crushed
– 1 T oil, vegetable
– 1 salt, to taste
Heat Scale Hot
– Clean the beef heart thoroughly, removing all nerves and fat.
– Cut into 1″ cubes, place in non-reactive bowl, refrigerate and set aside.
– Combine garlic, chiles, cumin, oregan, salt and pepper and 1 1/2 cups vinegar.
– Pour over meat.
– Add more vinegar, if necessary, to cover meat completely. Marinate, refrigerated, 12-24 hours.
– About 1 hour before grilling, remove meat from marinade and thread on skewers.
– Reserve marinade.
– Soak the crushed chile in 1/3 cup warm water for 30 minutes.
– In processor, combine chiles and water with oil and salt.
– Add enough reserved marinade (3/4 cup) to make thick sauce, puree.
– Brush skewered meat with sauce and grill over hot coals or under a broiler, turning and basting to cook quickly on all sides.
– Best cooked medium well, 4-6 minutes on the grill.
Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
3. Asian Hot-Que Grill Sauce For Chicken
Yield: 1 Servings
– 1 stephen ceideburg
– 2 T brown sugar
– 2 T red wine vinegar
– 1 c ketchup
– 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chinese hot mustard
– 1 lg garlic clove, minced
– 1 T soy sauce
– 1 to 3 teaspoons asian chile paste with garlic
– Combine all ingredients except chile paste in a small saucepan.
– Bring to a boil, then turn off heat.
– Stir in chile paste. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
To use: Brush on chicken, beef or pork while grilling.
Note to Fun Easy Cool readers: Please click the share buttons above or below. Forward this article to your email lists. Crosspost on your blog site, social media, internet forums. etc.